Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Inspiring conversations

Just back from a trip to Bandung. Tired, as usual :), but inspired...

The house is ordinary. A bit old, but not as old as the owners. Their body is weak, but their soul are shiningly ripe. Enchanting souls that keep transmitting peace to their surrounding...

Conversations with Pakde and Bude are always inspirational. Concepts that have never been spoken publicly pour into my mind. Not many of them are new to me, and some of them are weird :) Well... I have to admit that some of them are more like bedside stories to a Javanese like me since they are expressed using western point of view. But still, the way Pakde and Bude speak expresses their sincerity and surrenderness, to which I pay my respect.

Oh, I also have to mention about their youngest daughter. First of all, I have to say that she is pretty and has beautiful eyes (really, Mbak, I'm honest about this). "No wonder", I think, when she complained about so much harrasment she has been experiencing so far.

Anyway, she is very expressive. I like her vibrant body language when telling stories. But that's not the thing that makes me attracted to her. After enjoying several conversations with her, I know that she is a pleasant companion in my journey to search the real meaning of life. We have great parts in common. Our religious background, our perspective about life, our goal in life, ...

Our conversations are always fruitful, at least to me. I get insight into what our life should be. I can speak freely about my choice of being different from the mainstream. We can discuss about things behind symbols in religions. I can even tell my personal religious experiences that I have been kept for long. I can express all of those in straightforward manner. Frankly and honestly. Nothing disguised. Thanks Mbak... I hope some time later we will get to our final destination. Safely.

That house on Sangkuriang street really has a special place in my heart...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home