Friday, October 14, 2005

A Reminder

Part one:

The timing and situation was perfect. It was right after I finished the negotiating job with JICA. It was right before we leave for Bandung when every schedule had to be cancelled. And it was only us there when the guiding light was clearly delivered to me. It straightforwardly drew my attention to my family. It taught me to see my family from a different perspective. It sent me messages that all of us have an inherently fundamental mission to accomplish during our life.

Part two:

I told what I experienced in part one to the Sangkuriang family. Thank God for their encouraging support. Their empathy, their love, their care... it just brightened the light in my heart. The way they looked at me when I was about to leave their home... I felt some strengthening power rushed in my heart.

Then I realized that my trip to Bandung was part of the enlightening process.

Part three:

Now when I look at my wife and children, I see differently. I see them as khalifatullah who bear God-assigned mission for this world. They have their respective role in realizing God's great plan. And it is my mission to help them accomplish their mission. By giving them a happy living, by providing them good education, and by guiding them to find out why they are created.

Alhamdulillah, thank God for reminding me. This is surely a blessing for me in this Ramadan month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home