Sunday, January 14, 2007

A personal call

I often think about my world. I am an academician, so I am living in the world of lectures, research, and education-related services. I keep on saying to myself, even though I have been holding executive positions at a few units in my university, I am in no way a naturally-born manager. I have no formal education and training in management, so I just walk on and do my job.

By the way, the administrative world is completely different from the academic world. Being in the two worlds at the same time makes me feel uneasy. I can't push myself to the best possible performance in either direction. I keep on thinking that I can't be an excellent lecturer, nor a good manager. But that does not really bother me, since I realize, that is my path. That is what I have to do to serve others. That is why I am created.

And yesterday a close friend pointed out that I have the capability to serve my worlds, simultaneously. I can be a good lecturer, but more importantly, I can also be a good manager. My friend told me that I have some hereditary talents and should explore and expand them.

Ya Allah...if this is true, then perhaps You are showing me your guidance. You are telling me how I can improve my service to my institutions, my fellow friends and colleagues. Perhaps this is the answer to my recent prays.

A new personal call has been placed in my heart... InsyaAllah, Gusti, I will take this task -- but now with no hesitation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home