Thursday, March 27, 2008

Looking thru the eyes of love

Perhaps this is the first time I wrote two postings on a same day. I just could not stand it. I have experienced a day full of surprises today. The first one came early in the morning when all the crew of MTI gathered in the office, waiting for me. When I arrived, they suddenly brought in a complete nasi tumpeng and congratulated me... I was speechless for a moment. I did not expect such a surprise... Then it was a matter of seconds before everyone in the office knew about my birthday.

I bet no one in our office has received such a warm celebration like I have. What I felt today was an atmosphere of love and care. I enjoyed something different everytime someone shook my hand, or when I read a message on my cellphone. Or as I browsed my incoming emails. Every congratulation I received was like a stream of love and care, rushing into my veins. And the people who sent it, I saw them differently. They were not my colleagues, nor my students, nor my friends. They just simply creatures of God, through whom He extends His rahiim to me.

Suddenly I remembered an old song by Melissa Manchester, "Looking Through the Eyes of Love". God has put a pair of special lenses onto my eyes today. The lenses allow my eyes to see (and feel!) the divine nature of love.

Alhamdulillahi rabbil 'alamiin.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

11/11/08 12:45 PM  
Blogger Zaki Pstp said...

mata saya berkaca2 baca postingan yang ini..:))

16/6/09 10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home